A Good Cop

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:43:43 -0400

 I was hoping to pick the brains of all you smart people a bit.

A player joining my game wants to basically make a police officer. As some of you know, I'm playing in Karse just post-invasion, and he wants to play someone who was some sort of officer of the law before hand, dealing with the aftermath.

I like the character concept, but of course a city in Glorantha isn't going to have something resembling a modern police force, is it? Given the mixed Heortling/Esvulari heritage of Karse, what kind of laws and law enforcement might it have had? (I'm looking broad brush, not absolute detail, of course.) I can't see it just being traditional Heortling wereguild/feud based justice in a city liked that, although those elements should still exist, I would think.

Anyone have some good suggestions for historical parallels or ideas I could use?

Thanks.

LC