Re: How's the Holy Country holding up?

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 08:36:00 -0000

Specifically, he has two different means: One to avoid death by heroic causes (being tossed into the Volcano, sacrificed as year-king or eaten by trolls), and one to avoid death by age ("using up his body").

> Seriously, I assume this is to mean that he is unkillable (or at least,
> can resuscitate) in addition to his ability to get himself a new body?

A very early heroquesting article (reprinted in Arcane Lore) placed the "backdoor from the land of the dead" and "avoiding age" among the standard abilities for self-respecting heroes.

> Does this mean he only ever does the new body thing when his own
> personal magics burn it out?

Correct.

> Other than that, he just normally pops himself back to
> life? (Are there limits on his ability to do that trick?
> If you hack him into enough pieces, is it harder?)

Getting eaten by trolls doesn't stop that ability, no idea about making it harder. A similar ability was displayed by Takenegi after his first defeat against Sheng.