RE: What people play

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 13:28:23 +0000 (GMT)

> Yes, that's the sort of thing I have in mind. I've a
> vague idea that
> this is an option for either Quake or Doom.

And something called "Morrowwind" was once mentioned as being usefuol in this way, I think.

> >ISTR someone doing a mod like that for
> Civilisation?
>
> At least two someones, I'm one. Mine has got to the
> stage of a
> nearly complete map, a draft of the technology tree
> and a list of units.

I had a go once: Civ II, like you. And that's about how far I got.

There was someone... searching memory archives... "Camo"? I can't remember real name or email, of course! who I think got a bit further. ISTR he and I had different goals in some way - he was trying to duplicate one of the board games, I think, and I was after "Civ II but in Glorantha". So I had the Nochet Great Library as an important goal, and he didn't even have Nochet on the map.

Jane Williams