Re: What people play

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 22:46:34 +0200 (EET)

> >It wouldn't have to be a terribly long or deep game, but it would be
> >nice to see one with the Gloranthan flavour, instead of the ever present
> >D&D tripe.
>
> Well I've got some of the skills and know enough about the computer
> games industry to know it isn't financially viable.

You missed my point. Fantasy Quake was a free mod. It was something that a few people made for fun.

That's what I'm talking about.

Anyway, check out my fellow countrymen's Star Wreck - in the Pirkinning to see another example of what is possible with no budjet. You'll be amazed.

http://www-fi3.starwreck.com/

<snip>
> I'd like to see more Gloranthan computer games but the only way
> that's going to be done is by taking an available game and adding
> a Gloranthan theme to it. However you're restricted by the game
> mechanics and you'll have to do a lot of artwork.

That's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. It can be very neat and entertaining if done right.

        -Adept