Re: Multiple Initiation

From: Lightcastle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 01:20:40 -0500

All this talk (so long ago, have I not had time to answer things since October?) about Ernalda reminds me of something. During the Windstop, only the Ernaldans who view Ernalda as the wife of Orlanth lost their magic, right?

On Thursday 27 October 2005 8:13 pm, donald_at_... wrote:
> And Holay. One explanation is that in those places Vinga is not
> the daughter of Orlanth but some other deity. Or perhaps she's
> loyal to her mother rather than her father. Major Heroquests
> can do this sort of thing.

Since I first encountered her, I've thought Vinga probably has different myths in Esrolia. I suspect she is still Orlanth's daughter (her storminess needs to come from somewhere), but primarily loyal to Ernalda. If she wasn't Orlanth's daughter, who else would qualify?

LC