Re: Re: Sleepytime Ernalda

From: Lightcastle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 15:50:42 -0500

On Saturday 24 December 2005 2:26 pm, Jane Williams wrote:
> > Perhaps because an awake Ernalda would strengthen her husband,
>
> Oh, nice point! Yes, of course she would. Whether he's the only one or just
> one of several, he's a husband, so she protects and supports him.

Yeah. I agree with you and Peter that the motivation for putting her out is strong. Not only do you take out her helping her husband, you throw Esrolia into chaos. (And IIRC, Esrolia gets invaded the next year. Or at least, politically messed with.)

> Do they also put to sleep the Ernalda who they've proved is in fact She Who
> Waits? Or has that proof not happened yet? Or was that a different lot of
> Lunars who this lot wanted to sabotage? That last option sounds like it
> generates the most fun plot and player opportunity.

I like that last idea. Someone either figures that putting Ernalda who is (isn't) She Who Waits weakens Tarsh somewhat, since Tarsh is getting uppity. Or that putting Ernalda to sleep makes it likely that those who were worshipping Ernalda with a Lunar tinge fully step over to what they SHOULD be doing, which is worshipping the Goddess herself. :)

Now: Who involved in the creation of Fimbulwinter is exceedingly concerned with the supremacy of the goddess and has no love for uppity Tarsh?

> Here I'm less sure - why do you go for the Tarshites? Did you have some
> particular connection in mind? The Shaker temple is hardly under Lunar
> control, so that won't help, will it?

I (as you may have guessed) don't think it was the Tarshites.

> Hmm, there are Earth priestesses in WW, and an earth temple. We'd been
> thinking that was ignored and possibly even intact, but it sounds like that
> will have been specifically targetted as well, and possibly even before
> that final strike. In fact, positioning that temple actually underneath the
> Orlanth temple and acting as its foundations would emphasize the point
> nicely.

Very much so. The Ernaldans and their temple become major forces in this situation, fighting their own battle all along. (More for the PCs to do!)

LC