Re: Heroplane from different viewpoints

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:41:55 -0000

Obviously the answer to theis question (Do they all see the same thing, or not?") is, like any other HQ question "Yes, but..."

> Suppose Our Hero faces a contest in which he and two
> opponents must compete to beat a certain hazard.
> Racing over a mountain pass, say. He's a theist, the
> other two are a spiritist and an essence user.

If they are all participating in the same quest together (or in a series of individual quests that coincide at this point) then they will have a shared concensus of what is happening (although exact details may vary from individual to individual*). If the challenge to be faced is to race across the mountain pass then all three particpants must cross a mountain pass.

On the other hand if they meet up in a remote, hard to get to tower it may be that the Theist had to scale a mountain to reach it, while the Animist crossed a desert full of hungry spirits and the Acolyte quested deep into the perilous forest...

*The traditional example is questors reaching the sun and finding it alternately to be Yelm, Yu-Kargazant or a fiery essence - Even in this case, however they would all agree that what they see is the sun...