Re: Re: Who else is a Newbie? And other thoughts...

From: Osentalka <Osentalka_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:49:58 +0200

Hello Pierre-André

a gloranthan LARP is a pretty good idea, and i am sure it will attract a lot of new Larpers to Glorantha. I am NOT sure if these Larpers will get into HeroQuest or RuneQuest, but it is okay enaugh if they are interested in Glorantha as a world.

I look forward to see your website in the future. I like good costumes... I will have to put all the information through BABEL-FISH first, because i don´t understand french.

And i think that this is the main reason why the hurrays for the description of the Larps you made here is so calm: - It´s in french, and this is a list where everyboby speaks english (even non native english speakers here speak english, but not essesserraly french). The books we discuss are in english. - It´s in canada, to far away for most of us to attend (a convention once a year, or in a couple of years... britain, germany, US, Australia... is okay, but regular attending a canadian Larp for non native canadians:? No way!) The books we are discussing are available to most of us (or at least the content will be in the future).

Keep going with your descriptions, and with the homepage. I MYSELF will read it, even when i hate rubber swords and will not be able ever to attend.

Maybe the word spreads, we will get a english (or german, or spanish or japanese) version of your rules and scenarios one day, and Glorantha Larps will be more common worldwide!

As i said before: Keep going!

Cheers

André

  This week, i create an album of photos, for now, i just put some   photo of our first play-test the last 26-27-28 may, my internet   connection is to slow. I will update my photo album after each LARP,   so evryone coud see Gloranthe with there eyes and read our LARP   campagne. Our next playtest is the 7-8-9 of July. Our regular season   will begin in September.

  If you are interested, i have a ton of promo marérial, a lot   pictures, some illustrations, an hundred pages or rules, description   of the events for the first playtest... and more. Our website will   be ready very soon, one of the best webdesigner of the Québec is   working on it... it will be very nice. I will send you the adress   when it will be ready.

  With "les production Adamante" Glorantha become real!

  Pierre-André Champoux