Re: Re: What's a Keyword? Gender Issues

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:37:03 -0600

>From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
>
>...Though
>there may be the assumption that a woman, even with a
>dagger or knife, *can't* use it so as to resist a man.

Sounds like a horrific flaw to the "Female Dara Happan" homeland keyword.

Do we have to state at this point that, though women may occasionally like to play disadvantaged characters overcoming their male dominated socieites, that near universally that women don't like to play this sort of character "all the time" ?

In other words, when making up female keywords, try to focus on the positive, and not on how they're downtrodden to provide at least a few options for women (or men) who want to play empowered female characters.

Mike

The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes is here. Get all the scoop. http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/?icid=nctagline2