Re: spirits, daimones and essenses.

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 08:41:33 -0700

> Message: 8
> Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 20:49:39 +0300 (EET DST)
> From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
> Subject: Re: Re: spirits, daimones and essenses.
>

> Would a liturgist qualify? Also, could somebody clarify the difference
> between a godi and a priest for me?

IMO No. Liturgists do not use magic. They read prayers out of the Abiding Book but that is about all. I don't think that they have any more understanding than an 8th century rural christian priest did of the bible ("here's a prayer book, read this out loud every sunday and collect the tithe!")

A priest is a psuedo-political position. A godi is a person with a personal relationship with their god. Anybody can be a godi (depending on your culture). Only those that actualy work full-time in a temple can be a priest. A godi generally has the same abilities and magical prowse as a priest but is not a formal leader of any congregation.

Godyr pretty much must be devotees. Priests don't have to be. Infact, in DH many priests are little better than liturgists.

Wesley