Re: Quiverberry Quest (LONG)

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:37:24 -0000

Reasonable, but a little matter-of-fact for such a roccoco tale. Perhaps the clan's two best bakers have been competing to represent the clan for years, each one in turn having her best efforts edged out. The ancestor's prediction first caused these two formidable women to end their long running rivalry (at least for now). Still, even putting their heads together they can think of nothing that will win, until one moans "If only we could make quiverberry pie!" When the other looks surprised the first says "my mother always said 'Quiverberry pie, quiverberry pie, have one taste and smile 'till you die.' well, that and 'Little boys and quiverberries need to be washed three times before touching food.'" to which the first responds "Really? Now that you mention it, when I was little and wanted something my Granny would say 'and if had two measures each of quiverberries, honey and clearwine I'd be married to the chief.'" and so it goes, as they put their lore together they discover that the recipe never disapeared, it just dispersed.

Of course, if you could get your heroes to help the two reconcile in the first place, and maybe even provide one key cliche to the collection it would keep them more involved.

--Bryan