Re: Heortling boardgames

From: simonh_at_...
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:39:32 -0000

> .....So, even though a worshipper is playing a game where
> the "king" is supposed to represent Orlanth would not presume to
> think he is in any way controlling the god.

Heroquesting is a sacred ritual that calls the forces of the otherworld to manifest. Do you realy want that to happen while you're playing a game with your friends? I think losing a game in which you are playing Orlanth is more bad luck than anyone wants.

Sacred games do of course play a part in some rituals, but I believe that is different.

Simon Hibbs