Heortling games

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:30:46 -0400

> I think playing a game in which you presume to controll the
> actions of your gods, or even those of others, would be
> regarded as extreme hubris.

Don't you do pretty much the same thing every time you act out a myth in ritual?

Hmm ... playing a game with strong mythic links could turn out to be bad news if things went wrong in the game - it might be reflected in reality.

Many ancient games have a strong bias towards one side or the other (for example, with best play in Fox and Geese the Geese win every time). It would be wise to set up the associations so that the right side had the advantage.

Letting a Trickster teach you a game could be a really bad idea.

Andrew