Re: LightBringers Quest

From: morganconrad_at_...
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 20:32:46 -0000

Greg writes:

>Orlanth has a hundred reasons to go.

(lots of neat reasons deleted)

My complaint is that all of these neat, wonderful, often admirable reasons are excluded by the statements in Storm Tribe that he went to rescue Ernalda.

re: Finger Crossing
>The cosmic and mythical apparatus at work here doesn't indicate (or
>even allow) such deceit to exist

There are many many myths where Orlanth tricked/seduced people and is admired for it. Frankly, that seems to be his standard approach! Why is this myth special?

Maybe Orlanth went to make genuine peace, but, it could have been a trick, and the peace sure didn't last very long...

Greg, I really don't see how my interp breaks anything. Obviously you know more, just what would this break?