Re: Telling stories in game

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:32:42 -0000

> On the very few times I have tried this I find that even a 2
paragraph myth (told by me the GM) feels flat.

I have the same problem. In our group, if you try telling a story (or even having a conversation in first person), one will listen, two will interrupt out of character, and the rest will discuss last night's TV until you get back to the 'real' game. Personally, I think the problem is they want to be DOING, not spectating, but at the same time they lack the confidence (or possibly skills) to actually join in, in the storytelling manner, so they revert to what they CAN do - old-fashioned third-person roleplaying.

And let's face it, is that wrong? It's a game, not an educational exercise, it's meant to be fun, not challenging.

Wulf