Re: Hiding Annilla in plain sight

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:29:35 -0000

Right. I didn't mean to suggest it. But I can imagine a couple of cool situations where a Blue Moonie would want to keep at it while being stuck in some podunk tula:

Undercover Secret Agent. "I come from a distant clan to the north who were disbanded by the imperials. I have notable skill at arms and can prove it if you wish. Does your clan need more weaponthanes?" Of course, on the inside, this is a deep agent sent to spy and await orders to strike.

Captured slave/concubine. Once Sartar starts kicking some Tarshite and northern butt, foreigners will come back into Sartar. Especially if they're pretty/handsome. Some will resist conversion to local practices and some will have been secretly worshipping things as strange as Annilla.

And as far as the Krarsht thing goes, your contention that it appeals to mercantile princes and down-and-outs makes sense, but remember that my first contention was that it is Very Useful both as a game plot and to the Krarshti if they can get members into positions of religious power.

Also, won't most mercantile powers be members of Issaries or some trader cult? In fact, they'd usually be important members.

It just seems ironic to me that "unsophisticated" Sartarite culture could be more or less immune to the subtler powers of evil.

But perhaps that's one of the themes of the Hero Wars.....

Mike