Re: Re: Hiding Annilla in plain sight

From: morganconrad_at_...
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 04:23:18 -0000

Peter writes:

>For them to be in positions of religious power exposes them to the
>gaze of the gods they supposedly represent and Krarsht has no known
>background of magically masking her servant's allegiances.

What is the God allowed/able to observe with this gaze? The Heortling books do seem to imply that the Gods can see into your thoughts. (unfortunate IMO, takes away some game fun) But Ralios is full of competing fun heresies, and since the Invisible God hasn't revealed many of them as frauds, why is he different?

When Arkat was in a cult, was he "really" in that cult, a true believer, convincing to himself and the God, or was he really thinking "I'll try this and if it fails I'll jump ship and become a Troll?" The former seems a bit of a stretch to me, the latter more realistic.

Divination is severely limited, right? Where does Illumination fit in? Would an Illuminated Annillan or Cacodemon be revealed if he pretended to worship Orlanth?