Re: Re: Invisible God, Arkat, Illumination

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:30:44 -0700

At 06:08 PM 10/26/2001 -0000, you wrote:
>I've always had this question about Glorantha. "Gee, I can worship
>Orlanth and get Lighning Bolt to satisfy my power-mad side, I get
>Divination and Heroquests to know he really exists to satisfy my
>religious side, and, as a free bonus, I know that my Priest is not
>really an Ogre. Or I can worship IG and get, well, close to
>nothing."

What if these religions offered something intangible that was considered to be more important to one's immortal soul than trifling feats etc? Along those lines, for instance, I know large numbers of living real people who spend considerable time, energy and money on religions that seem (to a materialist, at least) to offer no tangible benefits.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>