re: Hiding in Plain Sight etc...

From: morganconrad_at_...
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 01:31:20 -0000

Graham Robinson writes:

>A reasonable point based on a false assumption. I don't believe that
>theistic gods give anything resembling constant, relevant
>information.

I sincerly hope that your belief is true! However, the recent Hospitality discussion, as I read it, says that Orlanth himself provides good background info about the stranger. And Peter, an informed source, says that Orlanth warns the clan whenever anybody has done a bad thing. Both of these are relevent, and one is constant.

greg writes:

>I know large numbers of living real people
>who spend considerable time, energy and money on religions that seem
>(to a materialist, at least) to offer no tangible benefits.

But, in the real world, there is no obvious, well-known "Orlanth" alternative that provides both spiritual solace and provable, tangible benefits.