Re: seven mothers

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:42:21 -0000

> And where is the objective evidence that the Lunars are there for
> any other reason than exploitation. Has there been any attempt to
> introduce Lunar civilisation to the masses? The only, remotely
> official, source we have had of lunar settlements in Sartar has
been
> the guide to Boldhome. Lunars hiding themselves away in the
> Lunar pocket is hardly introducing Sartarites to Enlightened Lunar
> civilisation.

Well obviously it's just a start, Glamour wasn't built in a day. (...er, and if it was so much the better!)

> Any evidence of Lunar Law giving justice to all? Any evidence of
> trade from far way places being stimulated by the Lunar presence?
> Any evidence of Lunar cults providing for the starving? Any
> evidence of major Lunar engineering works to benefit the people?

Well obviously again it's early days, but the new trade routes to pavis are open, and when was the last time there was a major incursion of nomads into sartar? None since Moonbroth, I can tell you!

> On the other hand we have a tribes and clans destroyed, slave
> farms established, attempted destruction of a temple and the Lunar
> Army marching on to conquer another country scant years after
> defeating Sartar. Do the math.

Well, considering the Sartarite's bloody history, tribes and clans getting destroyed is nothing new. As for slave farms, what about the poor slaves slaughtered by hillsmen brigands during raids on tarshite farms? Of cousre that wasn't so much of a problemn, because we could always buy new praxian slaves to replace them from... you guessed it... the Sartarites!

Finaly, none of the Sartarite mercenaries accompanying our brave troops in red on our glorious march southward have complained so far.

Si