Re: Small Glorantha

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:24:45 -0000

> I don't mind a small space acting as a small space, but I think its
> bit much asking for this sort of map-reading double-think. And if
we
> were to "dramatically" rewrite distances on the fly, then we either
> risk inconsistency or we in effect re-base the scale. How could
> anyone write tournament scenarios, frex, or indeed any scenarios at
> all, if there is no reason to expect that the map scale used will
> coincide with that of the play group?

I think you're seriously overstating the problem. Gloranthan gamers and scenario writers have happily been gaming and publishing away for 2 decades without any realy serious problems so far. My suggestion is that everyone comes up with a solution that suits their game, and gets on with it.

I know for a fact that Pamaltela contains river systems that put the Amazon Basin to shame. Nobody is ever going to persuade me otherwise, especialy if I don't ask them.

Simon Hibbs