Re: Seven Mothers

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:24:45 -0000

> Anyone have any feelings about whether the 7M might actually repair
> the shrines and temples of the lesser gods (the ones they don't
want
> to kill)? I was wondering if it felt OK for the 7M to, say,
> reconstruct a shrine to Ernalda burned down by over-zealous
troops?
> This might be a way of ingratiating oneself with the locals without
> being too intrusive, and gives you an opportunity to explain why
you
> did so (hence all gods under the moon etc).

Definitely. This is what they are doing in Moonbroth, turning the (lunar cyclic) geysers and hot springs into a place of pilgrimage, and a spa.

There is no reason whatsoever why there should be conflict with shrines to local gods and spirits such as those at springs, waterfalls, prominent landmarks, etc. The romans did this almost everywhere, and it wasn't even cynical. They also believed that such places have gods and spirits associated with them and wanted them to be friendly.

Simon Hibbs