Re: Re: Barbarian Adventures

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:59:55 -0800

> Obviously this is a completely different Ars Magica's Mythic Europe than
> the 'produced by a guy who failed first year medieval history' piece of
tat
> that I've seen... Seriously, pick up any reasonable text book on the era,
> and see the difference. I've known a few people run the game, but no one
> who didn't throw the setting guide out in favour of the text book...

You're right, it isn't one of my best. On the other hand, I had a whole 2 1/2 months (later extended to 3 1/2) to produce the book from the ground up, including research (Curtis dropped out of the project after writing a couple of the Chapter headings). Add in a editor that totally screwed up many, many things (you guys thought not having an index is bad? Check out ME's "index"!) plus several changes in focus (which were done by the editor after I was done), and yes, you end up with a hash.

RR