Re: Trickster magic

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 16:40:39 -0000

> 2 - it _always_ costs in unexpected
>ways.

> 4 - eventually, the trickster will
> betray the bonder and/or his
> community.

My memory of KOS is that Kallyr had three tricksters, all named Elusu. I am assuming that they are all the "same" person, but went through life (and name) changing experiences.

How can Kallyr put up with a trickster for so long, especially in light of the two points noted above?

<speculation>Unknown to anyone, including herself, it is Kallyr's Starbrow crystal and related powers that support her relationship with the trickster. Her Brilliant Inspiration always manages to get Elusu to focus on something apparently valuable shortly before major rituals. When the time comes for the price to be paid, it is the focus of his lusts that is destroyed.</speculation>

regards,
Charles