RE: Re: 1619 - the first few weeks

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:29:33 -0400

On 28 Sep 2004 at 8:46, Jane Williams wrote:

> True, it was just a question of the route it takes, and therefore *who*
> ends up spotting it, and who they report to.

Fair enough.

> Looks that way, doesn't it? A battle against the Lunars that the
> Orlanthi lose - of course Kallyr was there!

She really can't catch a break, can she? :)

> Agreed. Even "command" is a limited concept, as is "agent". What I had
> in mind was that we have general areas - Heortland, Sartar, etc - where
> if someone anti-Lunar spots something interesting, they report it "up".
> Who does the information end up with? In Sartar, Kallyr and/or Minaryth
> Purple. Does Broyan have the same influence over Heortland? I'd assume
> so.

Only the north, above the plateau. The Plateau at this point might send him info if one of the higher hill tribes get it, but otherwise the info is also definitely going to Rikard.

Are there other areas we need to consider, that the Lunars might
> approach through?

Once they have Karse, I assume they start sending people south to force Rikard to spread some of his forces out.

> > while the attackers are a force detached from
> > Fazzur's army.
>
> With Jorkandros in charge, and Tatius' choice of units. Whatever he can
> spare from the real work. Anything suitable for taking cities is heading
> for Karse and Smithstone.

Is Tatius already there? But yes, Whitewall gets a reprieve and a chance to gather its forces because the REAL seige force is heading on to Snithstone and Karse. They aren't really threatened at first, just penned in somewhat.