Smuggling weapons from Prax to Whitewall?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:28:45 -0000

Donald and I were discussing this a while back: Penny Love's novels are based around the concept of a pass over the Stormwalk mountains that's the last route for getting supplies to Whitewall. (In 1619. Hmm.) Well, we dealt with that by saying it was the last the heroes knew about, the last for this purpose, the last in this area, the last until they open up a load of others... but there's still the question of what they were bringing in, from Prax. You see, the books are very clear. Weapons, and armour. From metal-short Prax. Riiiight.

I may have an idea, but I'd like to run it past Joerg(anos) in particular. Bows. Those rather lovely animal-nomad recurves that I assume are a lot like a Skythian or Mongol bow. Just what you want for shooting down from a wall.

Does this make any kind of sense?

The armour, incidentally, I can only explain by thinking of exotic hides. Rhino-hide armour, that sort of thing.