Re: silver coins

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_p3D9cPFhXUgXNPxX84qQe-KH2PXqW3gj7mP2mZCNSzunev5IK4VB7nd5fRbQNL3r>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:15:49 -0800 (PST)

valkoharja:

> It's still much nicer to pick a period and value for money, than to
> spend a huge amount of time trying to run economic cycles for a
> fantasy world.

Most of the time (unless you are playing a merchant campaign), but I guess I tend to think about Glorantha-shaking campaigns. It would be funny to my mind if the whole world was shaken up, but exchange rates were constant. To much ancient and mdeieval history in college, I suppose.

> Parhaps you were suggesting somethign better? If so, I didn't figure
> it out from your post.

Nope. If I had a suggestion, I'd have made it. I'm just griping pointlessly.

That said, it would be pretty funny (or maybe just sadistic) to have the characters exchange all their solver for gold so as to make travelling easier, only to arrive some place where gold and silver are of similar scarcity (and thus were valued the same). Like the far east, perhaps.

Chris Lemens