RE: Queen's Birthday/President's Day

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_P5wtyy5Ve7Hz_OBkewcPUBhGxhwT5yKwjBuwsKelLg5-prP_Bon7795Fodf7p>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:27:37 +0000 (GMT)

> Rrrrrrrrorrrry:
> > Now, how do we get this back to Glorantha?
> >
> > When do various cultures celebrate
> > Founder's/Emperor's/Ancestors/etc days?
> > And what do they do to celebrate?

Sam:
> Nice try. But no cigar.

No Cigar Day is, I think, a "celebration" in Duck Point. It's in honour of a former war-leader who vowed to Humakt that he would give up cigars in exchange for awesome powers of Death with which to combat Delecti. Some Death Drakes therefore give up their cigars on this one day. Some also claim to have the same Awesome Powers as a result, and go off and attack Undead (some of them come back). Others just get *very irritable* and attack anyone who annoys them (by breathing, say).

So among non-Humakti ducks, this is a day for a picnic well away from the city, to celebrate the "first flowers of spring". Yeah. Right.

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk