Re: silver coins

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_Mcx0ot49utAS54eoOf_Vkwhq-5rsWL-OGEA68XIPDMCukL4oYfeUiMDXwASvsr40vt1I2wK>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 06:56:27 -0800

YGWV
> In RQII, and I believe in the current version, coinage is standardised.
> That's understandable for the purposes of game mechanics but it feels
> wrong for a world.

I can assure you that in RQ it was intended for game convenience, not historical verisimilitude.

> And prices should vary significantly. Something that is produced
> locally will be cheaper than the same thing brought from far away.
> Otherwise merchants can't make a profit especially when most
> transport of goods is by wagon or pack mule.

It'd be great to have a world map and click on to any part and come up with a local price list. Or maybe even printed pages of it. Oh yea, and have it change seasonally, and according to the macroecomomics of the time.

I'm way happier to play.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.