Re: What happened to Jrustela?

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_PVm3YLSVyj30119FsW94viCnVIOOfstqUtUWsV2ZrBQ3LtPhHOPyCIiKOKt8Ta-l-Q6>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:27:02 -0000

Pretty much, yes. Most of the island sank, and all of its inhabitants died, at around the time of the Closing.

> Also, I've been thinking a bit about playing a setting in Jrustela
during the closing, when the inhabitants belive they are the last survivors in the world (kindoff post-apocalyptic feel). For how long time was Jrustela isolated from the rest of the world?

For the whole of the Closing - from around 945 until 1583. Canonically, there were no humans on the islands during this time. It became a land of trolls, elves, and dwarves, each of whom had seperately found themselves on the islands, after praying to their gods for deliverance from humanity. YGWV.

> I have the "Glorantha: Genertela, Crucible of the Hero Wars",
"Hero Wars: Glorantha - Introduction to the Hero Wars" and "Magic of Glorantha". Is there any other sources I should look at for a Jrustela setting? Internet fan material, official or unofficial publications?

The 'unfinished work' Missing Lands includes a section on 3rd Age Jrustela, written in the same format as Genertela: Crucible of the Hero Wars. The section is, however, only 3 pages long (plus a map). I gather that, when the new HeroQuest Guide to Glorantha is published, this material will be updated and expanded, and included in that book.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic