Lunar Cycle in the Hero World?

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_5w7I527RZXuHwrIM4Bo9e7pBqDfHrNmbX9ICkgrrO2yPBqIrQEvId6BAU3yzkmRiBxZc>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 14:20:31 -0000

Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere on any of the 6 lists. Even if I was that diligent, I can't imagine a search string that would get me to the answer I need.

How does the Lunar Cycle affect Lunar heroquesters in the Hero World? Surely it can't be that their magic multiplier is stuck at the point they embarked from the middle world.

If so, Lunars would only ever leave on full moon days, and lunar enemies would only ever leave on black moon days.

And how does lunar magic work in ages where the particular moon or god wasn't manifest? Can Nathans use Perfect Balance in the Storm Age? Can Irripi Ontorites do their Brown Man magic in the Golden Age?

I ask because at the height of the Wind Stop in Pavis, the putative Champion of Pavis has just begun the Pavis Defeats Thog heroquest and there are some Lunars who have a mind to meddle.
http://thiswouldbecool.differentcomputers.com/troll_raid

thanks,

Mike Dawon