Re: Humakt

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_xGRe0uXGO9iAWNLsU3Kj1r7v03L0Epy0utTGrw5nE8ZC6P8mf9f9v3aVQRdjmmwzqLW>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 18:32:28 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007, Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:

>> Greg said about Humakt:
>>> I took the liberty of sharing the fact that the cult was the place where
>>> psychos who loved death collected.
>>>
>>> Just like there are Humakti who are honorable, upright, sane and
>>> concerned with justice. Honest.
>>
>> Can I ask, in your Glorantha, what percentage of Humakt's worshippers is
>> represented by each of these two groups? Just trying to get a feel for
>> it.
>>
>> And how about the "Cynical, sarcastic, arrogant, intelligent and
>> remorseless" types? Those psychos need someone to tell them what to do
>
> Not to speak for Greg, but probably about the same proportions as those
> groups have in the rest of society.
> While Humakti are Death-focused, they are (mostly) still (reasonably) sane
> people. So you'll get the whole gamut of "types" in their ranks - though
> Nice, Jolly, Life-loving types will be less well represented, I suppose.
> But you'll find all "types" from the "Dresses all in black and mopes and
> smokes clove cigarettes 'cause they're soo cool" to "KILL KILL KILL" to "I
> have taken an OATH" to "Death cult? Kewl, do I get leet magic skills?" to
> "Yeah, it's a living. Geddit? Living? Death God? Haw haw."

Options. I like options. Thanks

> Now with Urox you get very few non-psychos. Like you'd get in any random
> sampling of drug-crazed mass murderers.

Laughs. There must be the occasional philosopher Urox. At least one. Somewhere.

Thanks again

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_nsxXQc4Xb2ZVokS7CmzIcG6Yo-7AmuKOizda3cbhfpwu5W7wMrfGMblE9YwqRyI6OQhDOhd05q6iVK0nIjTNKg.yahoo.invalid