Re: FPP - misunderstandings, Wrong, wrong, wrong

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_2Tymxw03oHTUycfVyVkjVyoXmoUqoSgXie_kULSqji_iJzZl4gF1Bwof7NOCqAuTsfj7Bxv>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 06:24:33 -0700

YGWV Quoting frogspawner <frogspawner_at_Q_IBFCrcwqIe-CNgSieEKuxr74bDnfJioQDUk0wf7E_j3J7QYpa1yEJ0Fuvt8EC0dkixZv9Z3FAG1O7ut1_QJQ.yahoo.invalid>:

> wrote:

> Jane's interpretation seems more valid to me.

Interesting.

> But legal matters like
> this are decided by the Courts, not us.

And shaped by lawyers, who drew up that material. We live in a land of laws, whoich is shaped by lawyers.

> Is this sort of scary wording

Perhaps regretably, necessary wording,

> stopping folks publishing fun Gloranthan stuff?

What a shame if a misunderstanding causes that. I've had a lot of people write to me for clarification, and they were reassurfed.
What a shame for all the people that did not.

> Also, checking sites for supposedly illegal content IS an attempt to
> police them.

Yea, but Jane was talking about the Gloranthan content being approved.

> Aside from that not being Issaries' job,

Policing my IP for illegal and potentially damaging use is Issaries' job, and entirely necessary. Approving Gloranthan is entirely different.

> you're being
> self-contradictory. Does this count as the fastest Gregging ever? ;-)

Come to one of my Q&A sessions some time and I am pretty sure you will see a faster one. :)

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford