Re: From Listmeister - Please drop the GAG thread

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_qAAd9o1gCPh0dvumMym7IJNhrIooR1q87X5aLufyLSR8YJ9SaWlhJXKyohmZniczPEgwp>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:54:01 -0700

> Roderick wrote:
>> As Listmeister, I've gotten some complaints from list members about
> some of the turns this thread has taken so I ask you, nicely, please to
> drop it.<
>
> Could we do the traditional thing and FAQ it as a flamewar topic? IIRC
> best practice is for the mod to summarize both sides position in the
> FAQ under an appopriate heading (Backwards Compatibility vs. New
> Innovations?) and for anyone that wants changes to the FAQ to debate it
> off-list. Then whenever someone raises this again we can refer them to
> the FAQ and move along.

Good idea. And since you brought it up, how about drawing up a first draft and sending it to me? (Really, that's not a snarky comment, I'd love for someone-other-than-me to do it).

If anyone else would like to try their hand at dispassionate both-sides-of-the-argument FAQ material, write it up and send it to: WorldofGlorantha-owner_at_yahoogroups.com

RR