Re: Some questions looking for answers...

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_aHXY_GZ9whwv2aCiZlIWuME-w47rFiAfs_06zZ5jL-X5N0UidYTeOxWP39RfQrHdv_l>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:17:14 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007, valkoharja wrote:

> --- In WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com, Michael Hitchens
> <michaelh_at_...> wrote:
>
>> is a "normal" flaw, could an ogre "buy it down"? What happens to an
>> ogre who doesn't crave human flesh, let alone eat it?
>>
>> Michael
>
> I'd say an ogre can't buy down the flaw without serious magical
> conditioning. An ogre trying to become a human is like trying to raise
> a polar bear as a pet. In theory it can work, especially when it's
> still just a cute bear-cub. Ultimately it's a man eating predator
> though, and at some point it will propably just "snap", maul it's
> owner and eat him/her.
>
> If an ogre decides to become a human, he/she has to do some serious
> heroquesting. Go to the beginning of the ogres in the greater
> darkness, and survive without resorting to cannibalism and chaos
> worship, I'd say... and not get eaten by the ancestral ogres.

Fair enough - and much more interesting than just buying down a flaw. But if they do, would they cease to be chaotic - in practical terms, for example, not show up on Storm Bull's chaos sense?

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_ti81K85uMHnCP1HYttHdQs7XLwbhu3UZnR4k7gVcYmx0la6r1s0QzWsYIw_n3cVY838nRwovy5cXmcnegtY.yahoo.invalid