Re: Outlawry

From: Toread DuDerysi <jakyer_at_Wmlsocs7Amcik6vMlkf8iSHM_e9DlGlSDl9PueCUm8DYffGbTwH6Pn5E8bs3v1_Vxkcai>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 01:46:54 -0000

I think when this happens, you're thrown out of the Storm Tribe pantheon entirely - only enemy gods would accept you.

> >> I'm not sure if that happens if they
> >> disappear from the clan before the outlawry ceremony.

Being outlawed doesn't require your presenc

> >An individual does not need to be present to be outlawed, and have
all
> >that bad stuff fall on him.
> >
> >> That may well be a means of keeping your magic.
> >
> >I will cogitate upon this, and see what others think...
>
> That bit is just speculation and depends on how the ritual works.
> What is needed for the gods to identify the individual being
> outlawed? Clearly the presence of the person is ideal but maybe
> something closely associated with them is enough.

You have to think about what this is affecting. Its not the outlaw but the gods he worships. It's like the old Excommunication ritual from Runequest (or the Outlaw Divine spell from MRQ). They don't need you present to use it. They just need to tell the gods you are unacceptable - they are not acting on the outlaw, they are informing the gods. A theistic APB on someone who is no longer welcome in the pantheon as well as unwelcome in society at large.

Jeff