Re: lunars and the other otherworlds

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_Z_nJWnv4xJ12h08emDob7Sdok8bxaM6wXLiFjB1rCBnFW0TD4uu9DZVl7zYm>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:03:08 +0000 (GMT)

> Dan Guillou <dguillou_at_G2QBhXljKv_AT9z03QZlqbZKj1D7tg7_S-3fqT_nHb1cVfrcMV9agK5H0GRX3O4P50lWzSRsxmg31ClDRV0SGg.yahoo.invalid>

Me:
>>> Can they go to the nodes?

Greg:
> > Sure. Heck, anyone can go to the nodes. With the Alien Modifier,
> > of course.

> Okay, sorry that I was unclear. I knew that. What I meant, was "Can
> they go to the sorcerous nodes without the Alien Modifier?" Apparently
> not. (Except for those Makabaeus guys?)
> I have to say though, that to me it still seems reasonable that an
> senior Cerisian would have less trouble navigating the nodes, than an
> (equally senior) follower of HonEel. I dunno... maybe they get an equal
> -W penalty, and then finds that all the HonEel abilities are
> meaningless, but many of the Cerisian abilities applies.

I was under the impression that the Lunar way has a reduced otherworld penalty, -10 not -20.

But on rechecking the chapter on The Lunar Way (ILH" p23-32) I could find no mention of this. Except a mention that Moon Eye only has a -10 penalty in identifying creatures from the otherworlds.

This leads to an obvious question. Is this reduced penalty just a feature of Moon Eye or was it intended to be more general? Representing their familiarity with their mixed otherworld and therefore more accepting of the pure otherworlds.

Gavain