lunars and the other otherworlds

From: danguillou <dguillou_at_IRoZmKpYUEfTv7C4JwB0fFy-ZjW9lNJjCJEAEodw9qpAQm9o4-5--EQexE4oiKSOKyC>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 14:08:22 -0000

Jakaleeli shamans are equally at home in the lunar otherworld and on the spirit plane, right? Now I wonder...

Are there other lunar denominations that have a special relationship to a specifik otherworld? There are three ones in particular that I'm curious about.

The Cerise Church and other wizard schools in the ruby religion. Can they read/use/learn/ steal stuff from the sorcerous otherworld? Can they go to the nodes? (Hey, whatabout Irrippi Ontor, what does he use that "Read Malkioni Magical Text" for?)

Hon-Eel and Deezola seems to have a very special relationship with earth religion. Do their priestesses get alien world penalties when doing earthy theistic stuff? (Or is that a special power that their ordinates can heroquest for?)

Finally, I believed that the Moon we all know and love, was a legitimate member of the Sky Pantheon. She appears here and there in Pelorian mythology, maybe as far back as late green age, and she was one of the ten planets, and protector of one of the ten holy metropoli, right? (Okay, so they had a little falling out after Yelm was assassinated and she was shot down in flames on her holy city, or whatever, but still.) She is on Gods Wall, and if you heroquest during the golden age you might find her at Yelms court, right? As I said – legitimate member of Sky Pantheon. As far as I can tell that is what allowed the empire to graft all the newfangledness onto the existing yelmic/dara happan religion, as well as take over and run a religiously correct (orhtodox) dara happan yelmic empire? (Or have I just been reading too much unfinished works?)

What's going on here?

Cheers,

Dan Guillou

PS Are there any plans for an ILHB3, the "Imperial Solar Handbook" with all the old ways in detail? Or will those kind things be spread out in Sun Son City and other coming products?