Re: Re Charismatic skills

From: Rob <lamorak33_at_Re8f8VkuD6jlxFVddNyz0TgZczBSVcFre3S1mljT02m9tCbXxXLNO8UoD6ubtWrMm5>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:52:25 -0000

Here are a couple of 'actual play' anecdotes;

1:
A player I had in one of my games using the Hero System bought an Intelligenc of 5, which actually netted him a rebate under that system. He then used the points on other abilities. In play he never role played a dumb ass, but in fact came up with many inventive solutions to the problems the group encountered.

2:
In another game I pressed a player to come up with some kind of oratory to impress the clanfolk. This guy said that couldn't he just roll against his ability, which was high. Which of course I allowed, but felt a little cheated out of hearing a good piece (hopefully) of role playing.

Regards
Rob