Re: Rightarm Islanders (long)

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_02j13C2x4jmu7jlKPI7QCV03C4-w3e4VRrLf9LQ3q5g4zEFchuwtH78D1FlrY-J11v>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:02:04 -0000

Remember too that air has the elemental advantage over water.

I think a very rough equivalent was the 'frankish' heavy cavalry of medieval times, considered absolutely unstoppable if they were able to line you and get organized, but not nearly as effective when they could not use their charge. I think a lot of the same tactical and strategic considerations would apply. In other words, it is not that the Wolf Pirates could always beat a trireme fleet, but that in that battle they caught the fleet in unfavorable conditions, and the Holy Country fleet was not prepared for the type of battle that resulted.

Regards;

-Bryan