Re: Ideas for game - travelling through Heortland in the summer of 1600ST

From: donald_at_vhEMgXRE0cnI5KQMxnyKQSPj2S2r_Yb8SQbMUO8yqq_w2aN6syeHwkCwlqTVrXw2AQIcy
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 02:42:01 GMT

In message <fdhfss+8afh_at_eGroups.com> "bryan_thx" writes:

>Now, presumably these would be Dar tribal king rings. There is no
>guarantee that the Vingkoti High King's Ring would resemble these. In
>particular there may be Vingkot myths I don't know which influence it.
> But it would seem to be a fair guess that it might work like the
>Storm Tribe ring, with certain positions guaranteed, and the rest
>first nominated by the king, and any that are rejected nominated by
>the tribal kings. But that part is pure speculation on my part.

There are only three bodies other than the cities which are higher level than tribe. The Volsaxi Confederation, the Aldachuri Overtribe and the Principality of Sartar. I'd suggest that each has been created by a different hero in a different way and has it's own myths and ring of advisors. It's probable that the Volsaxi Confederation follows the Vingkoti myths and structure. The Aldachuri Overtribe originates in the settlement from the north rather than the south and is city based so I'd expect significant differences if not a completely different structure. The principality of Sartar we know was founded by Sartar and has several unique features - multiple cities for example.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/