Re: Thief saints in Seshnela

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_36A1c5vqEcOFkkpW9u8cg6iBA5OYakYC6VgiBPen1168mhtjNFHlGZPmd9P9_QgxvV-6bdl>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 07:33:24 -0800

YGWV
> vesa.randelin wrote:

> Now that I have been planning to start a campaign in Seshnela. A
> thief campaign taking place in the Barony of Vogai, I have come to
> the point that I really need a saint for the thieves guild. Is there
> any suitable saint-cults for thieves in Seshnela region, or should I
> make my own?

 My first reaction to this was, "there are no thief saints." I figured they'd be gods or spirits, something that would be working against the Divine Order.

Then I realized such certainly would be possible.

> If I am to make my own thief saint do you have any suggest about the
> backround of this saint? Should it be connected somehow to the other
> saints? Or can it be "independent" saint and not directly connected
> to any other saints so that the thieves guild still can gain the
> magic from the saint?

It needs to be connected with the Otherworld. It could be a powerful sorcerer, and not connected to any church.

OTOH, there might be someone in the past who worked for the Church and recovered artifacts through stealth and deceit, which might make a Holy Robber. People not in the Church could worship him and get powers.

    Greg Stafford
    President, Issaries. Inc.

Love without reserve,
Enjoy without restraint,