Re: Good Tricksters, Hare?

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_7PDVZskxNT20ynsSntiCnMm0isygTqxPuIz4nuhABwHQib7l71JipIWPuNr2A2Q8zp>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 09:07:42 +1100

On 15/01/2008, Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_txM6W2q-ItUp6gG62zrbvStglEPZqDJpZvRbVLhlfm946u5W92hJQcpZ37zEy6oQdCIDA2NgtaP_eFPzyigVRZPDWw.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> I could totally see a Mostali trickster with a day-planner and an abacus,
> making sure he hit his quota each day. "Hm, that last action was 65% good
> and 20% stupid, so that puts me up to..."

Mostali tricksters would be a bit like the Discworld's Clowns Guild: precisely regimented schticks, grimoires of calcuated nonsense-sayings...

Maybe the dour inclusion of 'measured disorder' to compensate some some irrepairable flaw in the Machine could even be part of a schismatic Mostali belief system?

--
John Machin