Re: Cults of Sylila ?

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_2oomURzEuPI1IN_iYbuJIEsexWDRKmeRC9ItvO4LDTbeixKYE3NyDRbfF2aLurylIjWP>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:57:50 -0000

> On Jan 19, 2008 6:44 PM, Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...> wrote:
> > Two key questions - where in Sylila and when? Sylila consists of many
> > tribes and cities from several cultures: Odaylding, Heortling,
> > Talastaring, Dara Happan, Dara Ni, and even Carmanian enclaves. The
> > gods of Jillaro are not the same as the gods of Cafol or Thubana.
>
> I don't decide yet, but Syliling Hill in 1610s-20sis most likely.
> Or around Rist (Near Palace of Flowers).

That's going to be two very different cultures. Rist is largely populated by the descendents of the Pelorian settlers who colonized the area in the wake of the Moonburn. This area is likely very Lunarized and the cult of Hwarin Dalthippa is very strong here.

The Syliling Hills is going to be Odalying and not Pelorian. Lunar cults are popular with the ambitious and the noble, but many still worship Odayla, Ernalda (whatever she is called by the Odaylings) and even the Lightbringers.

Jeff