Re: Heler outside Dragon Pass and Maniria?

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_GY20OOGtYCqDRkkIrsRbs9obDH1WW-Hbtc404fJovJoz2DqtACqaz0wby_ez>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 20:19:22 -0000

> I do
> not think Heleya is responsible for the monsoons of the region, which
> I would venture are local majestic spirits.

I guess this illustrates why I asked the question about Heler. In some parts of Genertela, a large proportion of water will come not from ordinary rains, but from snowstorms, thunderstorms, hurricanes, monsoons, etc. So that made me wonder: Would Heler still play an important role in those areas, or would he just be a vague figure subordinate to Orlanth?

Note that Orlanth and Ernalda also have magic for dealing with sheep, and in fact Thunder Rebels lists Orlanth (Orolmarn) as the default cult for male herders in Dragon Pass. So Heler might not even be necessary in cultures raising sheep.

It sounds as if Heler is still important in some areas of southern Genertela (Wenelia, Teshnos). But what about further north, in Orlanthi-influenced lands like Talastar and Sylila?

Rob