Re: EWF Draconised Theist Cults / Law and Order

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_hJOV6WneAWRMEz3QCuwPhkNxdDWKbg10qwGvE2jEM3CWut_HASEqkZ0Ag7TfcILIr0W>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:27:15 +1300

At 03:34 a.m. 18/01/2008, you wrote:

>1. I've been dazzled by the insights into my god Orlanth that
>Draconism has provided. My priest has carved scales on our altar and
>changed some of the words in our ceremonies. In RQ terms I continue to
>recharge my divine magic. Am I worshipping the same god and is he
>receiving my worship? During special services do we go to the same
>place in the God World?

It depends on the magic. As far as I can see, draconic magic comes from a different place even though the cult of Orlanth Dragonfriend uses Orlanthi myth with a draconic gloss to access them.

>2. Obviously the entire empire doesn't get wiped out by "spirits" of
>reprisal. Does Orlanth mind, though? Does it change him?

Orlanth himself has been captured/seduced by the Inner Dragon Arangorf. When he breaks free, the EWF starts to collapse.

>3. The EWF was an Orlanthi empire, though it becomes highly stratified
>by the 900s. Do basic ideas of justice still apply? Do I have the
>right to own my own property, to elect chiefs, to make litigation, to
>use traditional precedent and seek arbitration?

The old ways are still around and useful when dealing with others who follow the old ways. The real problem is that the EWF follows new ways and in the case of a clash between old and new ways, the EWF wins throughout most of its history.

--Peter Metcalfe