Re: Great Sister and the Chain of Reverence

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_5Oo4mboAVAqlqxyAOEt4iNMo2U0KeFiEQfr8WVQ8qbp6NCHPa0O3hlPK3aTcDu9FRcZ>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 20:20:36 +1300

At 01:20 p.m. 6/03/2008, you wrote:

>Since she owes allegence directly to the Red Goddess it seems
>right that her followers should pass their prayers through her
>rather than the Emperor.

Other independent reverences are the Emperor's Cousin (think Blue Moon) and perhaps the Goddess's daughter (if the sole mention of her wasn't the result of sloppy writing).

>I was also considering what magic the army units would have.
>Traitional magic from their cultures? Standard Lunar Magic
>or something special?

They are Lunars so they would have Lunar Magic like all the other radiances. In ILH-1, there is a tale about her involvement in the development of New Pelorian and I feel that her cults would have Carmanian and Pelandan influences as well as Darsenite.

>Certainly Yanafal Tarnils is going to
>be important as the first Fereshori were used by Great Sister
>but what about others?

The Fereshori are in the Lunar Army radiance and there's no connection between them and the Great Sister in ILH-2.

>My tentative idea was that the Earth
>Axes worshipped Hon-Eel but it could be they are a Maran Gor
>varient.

HonEel has her own radiance and isn't responsible to the Great Sister, but rather her father, Moonson while Maran Gor is too remote to have an influence in Peloria.

--Peter Metcalfe