Re: Exclusive Worship

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_gomhnWhi1vcdOcacezfP8zBWs75REHeqTxcs9yz7cpNRm6-K9_y6N3gsvfgkV2Y1neNK>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 05:33:16 -0000

> I suspect not, otherwise it would be practically impossible for Lunar
> Missionaries to make any headway;they would be asking potential
converts
> to turn their backs on the whole of Heortling society.

That is exactly what new initiates to the Lunar Way are doing. Prior to the Lunar Conquest, clansmen who initiated to a Lunar god would be cast out and outlawed - just as if someone initiated to Jagrekriand or came back worshipping Malkion.

With the Lunar Conquest, that's harder to do - most Lunar converts are under the protection of the Lunar Army. Kill them and you pick a fight with the Empire.

> As for "incompatible", the Storm Tribe makes worship of Air and Earth
> compatible, rain (Heler) and Sun (Elmal) compatible, healing (Chalana
> Arroy) and death (Humakt) compatible, so why not?

They aren't incompatible - they are joined through Orlanth and Ernalda. The Red Moon, however, is an unending enemy of the Storm Tribe.

Jeff