Re: Demons in glorantha

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_5bhQrjha6uKFMPpBwyNPHp_Uc_2ZqrUktYjBGguBSnPYFw2iZqXh9x19zPU8RiTHy>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 15:38:15 -0700

YGWV On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 1:59 PM, valkoharja <rintasaa_at_KhfNsb8QapkV97CFJhe76fvbV3XrbIdkyQ7namDp-8nXvuKqREUc1M25jR6RhZ6UE8yiv2_iMQEZnNG7dElV.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> [Greg]
> > I think it's more correct to imagine that the sorcerer is only able
> > to summon a part of Gavreninkin, or an incomplete version of him,
> > and maybe it will have some "extra parts" or powers "stuck to it" by
> > its being forced into a shape (i.e. essence-like) that it does not
> > normally have.
>
> Oh excellent! I've actually thought about this too, but had forgotten it.
>
> So... The entity is actually a resident of godplane,

Yes

but the sorcerer
> has opened a way through which a part of Gavreninkin is manifesting.
> It is also forced/projected into the shape of an essence creature.

Yes, but not by sucking it from the God Plane into the Essence Plane. These rituals will be in the Everything World, and draw the daemon through a sieve of essential power.

Sorry about clumsy language above, but I can't seem to manage to put
> it better at the moment.

They are not Gloranthan terms, and they are not exactly the way that gloranthans would likely think of it, but not incorrect.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer