Re: Mongoose elf and dragonewt books?

From: David <daveolloyd_at_BKYu5o5JUoNq9eETSr1-3WvRFaxKOMuTHRpNO0UqmRJWsyNMpeDAXcctbyL9F0UH5>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 13:12:51 -0000

Hi!

Speakly purely as a fan, I highly recommend the elfs book. I think that it is the best thing that Mongoose has published to date (for Runequest). It presents a very orignal overview of aldryami culture and religion, including some varieties of elves (err, elfs) we haven't seen much of before, such as slorifings. I too hope that we see a heroquest aldryami book someday, but it seems to have completely dropped off the radar.

The dragonewt book I thought was good, but not great. They put a fair amount of effort into explaining why dragonewts act as they do (totally randomly from the human point of view) and modelling it in game terms. It is one the few things that I am aware of (the other being a long-ago article in Codex) that tries to explain dragonewts at all.

I hope that this is helpful.

Thanks,
David.